DREAM GRLZ



DreamGRLZ is a movement yes but my passion first! DreamGRLZ is a direct response for the alarming number of young girls that have faced and are facing some of the most problematic statistics that plague our communities and nation such as teen pregnancy, peer pressure, low self esteem and most recently on the rise girl on girl fighting. Our mission is to be proactive in positively deterring young girls so that they do not become part of these negative and self destructive populations.

My goal is to encourage young girls to be driven by their dreams, and not their mistakes, environments, or their past. DreamGRLZ is my personal testimony. As a young girl DREAMS were not realistic in my mind . I felt Dreams were things that could only happen when I slept, and I really struggled with connecting with who I was created to be. I was actually ashamed to be the real me. I allowed others to influence and change me. I struggled with promiscuity, anger, low esteem, depression, and so many other self destructive behaviors that consumed most of my teen years and part of my early adult. But now I realize that all of those experiences were necessary for me to be trusted with the vision of DreamGRLZ. I chose to funnel what some would consider my shame into investing into the lives of young girls starting first with my own two beautiful daughters, Sade & Dymond. In my sharing I challenge every girl I encounter to Dream!

It is now time for us to capture the purity and essence of our young girls, we have lost far too much time to the evil persuasions of this world.

DreamGRLZ are what I call generational interrupters because they Dare to Dream Out Loud and interrupt the very things that may have plagued their families for years! They are emerging as front line leaders and will usher us into the new!”

Simply put DreamGRLZ is real talk with real girls about real issues!”

Please tell your daughters, nieces, cousins, and friends about DreamGRLZ! Please visit us on the website to see where we are and what we are doing. We hope to see you soon! If you would like for us to visit your school, community, and/or church please let us know! I would love to hear from you!

Sharnell Watts-Smith


Comments